Friday, June 24, 2011

Felix Day

It seems like a long time since Felix and I had our time together. The truth is, he cried so hard when I put him in the car seat in my car and looked at his mom like she was betraying him letting me take him away... And, when Sarah disappeared, he stopped. A little later when we passed one of the playground parks, he made some pleasant noises, like he recognized it? Well, I decided he did recognize it, so I headed for the shady playground at the bus turn-around and we did the usual things: climb up the slide, swing a little, walk around and explore a lot, watch the big kids and play peek-a-boo in the tunnel. What a treat for Nana too. Later, we had a snack and practiced doing "cheers" -bumping our cups and (not) taking drinks (of water) in between. You haven't lived until you've toasted to life with someone with a sippy cup and heard the giggles every time I did what he apparently predicted I would.
We took a long overdue I-photo and then had a little nap. After the nap we discovered a remote control car buzzing back and forth on our street. That was pretty fascinating until the controller decided to flirt with Felix a little and the really noisy little car got too close and it really scared Felix.


Later, Grampa was the focus and here, the little guy reached up for a brief sit-down on Ken's lap during our after-supper chat. They've gotten to be good buddies recently. Nothing like a toddler to brighten up your day. We love you, Felix.

1 comment: