Today was my raincheck day with Rellie due to some family friends who rarely get to these parts and needed some attention on Tuesday. I heard that a good time was had by all: two families and ...eight children I think. Wow!
Anyway, Rellie and I decided to walk allllll the way to Dairy Queen today (her idea, but I went along with it). There were times that she regretted it and thought we'd never get there, but with a little encouragement from Nana, she made it. We had lots of time to observe and talk and, of course, make friends with some former strangers. I'm so in awe of this little girl of ours who can't resist saying hi to the people she finds in the neighborhood, so curious and friendly. It's almost like it's her mission.
She's also taking after her mom a bit and loves to take pictures with my I-pod. Some of them are pretty creative in their composition. (I'll show you after I figure out how to down/upload them to post.) It was pretty interesting to see the road construction on 59th St, the cat who had caught a baby rabbit, and the sprinklers to cool us off a bit. And those are just the highlights. With all that, and the heat, it took us most of the afternoon to enjoy our dilly bars and get back home. On the way, Rellie started repeating, "I think we're going to be late for supper." But we weren't.
She told me about the baby rabbit. She was pretty sad about it.
ReplyDelete