Thursday, January 3, 2013

What's yours?

What if something amazing happens this year?

This new year that we have to work with could be a new kind of amazing maybe.
Today, I was drawn to the sale at one of my favorite art stores and I brought home some new toys to play with, namely a box of drawing pencils and a pad of newsprint.  I have a young friend who said he decided he needed to master black and white or rather shading I suspect before he started working with color.  At the time I thought that made a lot of sense, but I so love color that I didn't have any interest in forsaking my water colors.  I don't have to give them up, but I can practice with my pencils and see what I learn... maybe something amazing!  I used to call myself the possibility queen.  The reason then was that I had such a hard time making a decision.  Now that I know a little more about myself, my choices are a little more clear and friendly.  (The brown flower is a snowball bloom that's been floating along on the snow on our driveway all winter.  It looked so pretty on the white snow, so I brought it in to photograph.)

No comments:

Post a Comment