Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Good Day's Work

The Curtains are hemmed and hung!
Oh, I've had these curtains for so-o-o-o long, I'm not even gonna tell ya.
But today, I needed to accomplish something.

(We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday with the kids and grand kids at Granite City… They changed their menu FOR THE WORSE it seems to me: I didn't get to try those skinny french fries that Ryan had last time we were there and their  vegan food doesn't look very good for Carrie.)

The deal is, On Thursday I had what can at this point only be called an episode of temporary global amnesia.  This Mayo link lists the symptoms and I had every one of them.  Ken came to get me and take me to E. R. when my therapist saw something was wrong.  We spent most of the day getting me tested for everything from syphilis to stroke or a brain tumor, but all has been negative so far.  I still have neurological tests to go as soon as we can schedule it.  It was pretty scary for Ken and a very strange thing for me, not at the time, but now that I'm feeling pretty normal again.  I still don't remember any of about six hours of Thursday, but I started being able to retain memory while I was in the MRI machine and slowly returned to normal except for the loss of that part of the day.
 I'm still anxious, but it helps to just do normal things and accomplish something I've been meaning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment