Sunday, June 8, 2014

Trip to my home town

Next I stopped at the cemetery to visit Mom and Dad
I took a quick trip down to Iowa for a casual ceremony to spread the ashes of a childhood friend.  I don't have many connections now, but it felt good to see and feel the lovely summer in and around Lake City.

After leaving the party for Sally, I visited some parts of the farm where I grew up and sat in the wild place where the original W. A. Clark home used to be.  It was so peaceful there.  I just sat on an old tree log for a while and listened and felt and remembered.




This was the painting on my wall in the Larsson Suite
Then I went and checked into the only hotel in town.  I'd heard about it, but always thought it was too extravagant to stay there... I splurged this time and it was well worth it -- so beautiful!  I've admired Carl Larsson's watercolors for a long time and this suite was named the Larsson Suite and was filled with many of his paintings as well as having two books of his paintings and biography.


Ken's "sweet one hundreds" coming up
It felt good to get back home and Ken and I kept in touch as I made my way back on hwy 169 coming up from Humboldt where I had a wonderful visit with my cousin Janis and her husband Jim.
So, after a good sleep last night, it was a great day to be outdoors and Ken and I did some planting and gardening and...

My peony bloomed today!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I'm so glad you went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice day you had. I love Carl Larsson and his paintings.

    Your peony is lovely, Barb.

    ReplyDelete