Ken and I took off Friday morning to go see if the leaves were prettier up along The North Shore. They weren’t, but they were beautiful and the lake and Grand Maria’s didn’t disappoint either. We had a lovely time, ate a lot of really good food; Ken even had what we called “Green eggs and ham—an eggs Benedict with pesto sauce, the famous donuts from the Grand Maria’s donut shop, delicious salmon, steak, and a slice of pizza at “Ole and Sven’s pizza “. The Castle Danger cafe no longer has beef stew, so we weren’t willing to wait for something else.
We enjoyed poking around the Grand Maria’s shops and spent much of that in the Sievertson Gallery... oh, so many beautiful things and Ken bought me some beautiful “petite Pine” earrings for my birthday. (I’d post a picture, but again, things have changed and I don’t know how to.)
I'm glad you and Ken had a good time up north!
ReplyDelete