Today's nature moment: Seeing the ash tree, it's leaves all yellow, on Chicago avenue just north of the Parkway in the dark, but lit up by the street light standing just beneath it.
I've been working on getting ready to paint my office all week-end. Ken's been the wind beneath my wings all today and yesterday, but he's got a bum leg and a torn rotator cuff (shoulder) and there are so many things he can't do. But there are so many things he can do. He's made our meals and done the grocery shopping. He even made a batch of chili for the pot luck supper he was too worn out to go to. Every time I needed advice or a way to do something, he was there with just what I needed. So, after cleaning all the furniture out of the room, setting up Ken's idea for reaching the ceiling, spackling holes and sealing them off with "Kills", and washing the ceiling, I finally got to paint it. When I looked at the painted ceiling half an hour later, it looked really uneven. Ken was there too and said don't judge it now. Wait til it drys. Later, it did look fine. What a relief! Tomorrow, I can start washing walls and taping so I can actually get to my goal: new color on the walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment