
...to be loved by you. Today, Rellie and I started getting reacquainted. First, she was off to visit her cousins with Daddy and Pop Pop and then I took some time off to be Ken's support person during and after his surgery, so we haven't had our one on one time for quite awhile. It had a few bumps and tears, but all in all we had a good time. When Rellie got knocked over with an imbalanced chair and cut her lip, I thought our visit might get cut short. She was so adamant through her tears about wanting Daddy and Mama! But, I convinced her that she could soothe herself through this pain and she began to cry that she wanted to stay here. Soon, with a little "Curious George" a cool wet washcloth and filling her request for a popsicle ("they help." she said.), she was ready to play again. Whew!
We talked about preschool, and played on her ship, read some library books, and played a three year old's version of hide and seek all with squeals and giggles, bossy little demands (frequently met with immobile Nana stares), and kicking up our heels skating and skipping in the hallway. Another sweet spot in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment