Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hearing aids


I went to a new audiologist this afternoon. After taking my history including some old audiograms I brought, she tested my hearing including my tolerance for loudness. That's never happened before. Then she started explaining how my Oticon hearing aids work and possible program adjustments to help me hear better when people are far away from me like in a class, and to amplify lower tones as well as the high ones because I've begun to loose some of that as I've gotten older.
The deal is there was a lot of tweaking of programs and learning about how it works, especially with phones. I feel like I understand how they work a lot better and I noticed a few things that are working better already. One is, when the volume on the t v is about 32, I can understand what the characters are saying compared to my usual 72 level. So, it's nice. Maybe I won't have to work as hard at understanding people now.

1 comment: