
Jane Ann's dad and my dad were half brothers and we both lived on farms across the road from each other. It was about half a mile on the road between our houses though. Anyway, Jane Ann was a lot older than me and my memory is mostly about her and her red haired boyfriend/fiance' who seemed really glamorous to me. I've been curious about my uncle; Leland, so I called her last summer to get together and talk about family. We finally got together! We met at a really good restaurant (we'll be back!) restaurant called Caffee Biaggio at University and Raymond in St Paul. Jane Ann and I talked about family some. I learned that Leland's birth mother, Anna, died of tuberculosis and his sister, Edna, only three at the time, was infected and spent many years in a TB sanitorium. Jane Ann said that Grampa and Leland spent many years just "bach-ing" it in the house where I grew up.
And here's Jane Ann with her glamorous boyfriend, Ole. He regaled us with stories all through dinner. He and Ken have several friends and colleagues in common they discovered because Ole (retired now) has been a prof. at Hamline for forty years.
After dinner we went to their home near Hamline for Ole's home-roasted coffee and Jane Ann's delicious bundt cake. And that's where ken took these pictures of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment