Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A good afternoon

My Aunt Gloria, Auntie, passed away on Monday. It was her time. I know she was suffering after having a heart attack a few weeks ago and suffering from Parkinson's disease for many years. I got to see her one last time last week and talked to her and told her I loved her even though she didn't respond, I felt lucky to have a little time with her. She was 89, just like her sister, my mom, when she died. We're going down to Humboldt, Iowa tomorrow for the funeral.

I just love all the gorgeous lillies around the city. This one was on the corner of... 35th Avenue and Minnehaha Parkway.




And Rellie was here today and let her new puppy, Rosemary I think, stay with me for awhile. I think she'll be back on Friday. Rellie isn't so co-operative about having her picture taken as she used to be. So, I take pictures of what I can get; in this case the things she left behind. We did have a really good dress rehearsal ("practice play") of Nana and Rellie as the wicked stepmother and Cinderella with a little change of costume for the role of the handsome prince. I wasn't too keen on going through the whole thing again even though Rellie was, so, lucky for me Grampa had come home early and distracted us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your aunt, Barb, but am happy she is no longer suffering.

    I love reading about Aurelia and Felix's visits to your home. Fun!

    ReplyDelete