Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Me and my daughter

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Sarah and I went out for dessert tonight, just the two of us, a belated Mother's Day event.  She negotiated with peder for a little time sans kids and I picked her up after my yoga class and after she fed Leo.  We went and had some delicious pie, but the best part was just having her all to myself for a little bit.  She's a pretty cool daughter.  She sees me as a real person and shows me the world through fresh eyes. I learn so much from her. I love watching her with Rellie,and can't help noticing the delicate balance they have between, "Okay, Momma" and, that parenting thing of, "I'm done now. Do what I say." We talked about her work and her kids and my work with the remodeling and about how we see the world... girl stuff.  And we thought about doing this once a month. I'm a happy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment