Friday, October 26, 2012

A Quiet Week

A boy of action and a few onlookers
I miss my kids.  (Where's that Rellie?  I guess she didn't get in this one.)  I haven't had Nana day for nearly a week now because Ken's been sick with something that looked like flu to me, but I was surprised  when he said it didn't feel like it to him.  He's pretty good at distinguishing these things, so we're chalking it up to something he ate.  And, he just came home from work after promising me he would come home as early as he needed to. He actually got caught up in something and called to tell me he'd be a little late... so, we think it's over.



I did take Felix for a while today so Peder could concentrate on little Leo when he went for his six month check-up.
One thing I learned today was that we don't have to worry about Felix's hearing:  He had his poncho on and we were getting ready to go out the door when he stopped in his tracks and asked, "Where's the tick-tick."  We have an old "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that sometimes ticks away in the living room and he's familiar with it.  With Ken sick, I slept on the couch the other night and needed an alarm clock.  Felix couldn't see it because it got moved to the floor under the table.
It's been a quiet week around here, but that gave me more time to get the cabinets in the kitchen restocked.  The remodel has been over for probably a month now.  There wasn't a defining day when we could say, "It's over.  We just sort of said, let's be done with it after a few weeks of waiting for Bill to bring us lien waivers.  With all the animosity between the Moffetts and the contractors, I'm just now starting to really appreciate our kitchen.  It does work a lot better and I'm delightfully surprised at how much room there is in the cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment