Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Surprise

My cousin, Dory, invited us to come to her house for a birthday party for her Mom, my aunt, Betty Lu.  We had a texting miscommunication about the time and Ken and I arrived three hours early while Dory and her family were heading into church.  It IS Easter!  So, we scouted out Clive and found a Caribou coffee shop and here we are.  It's a good thing we're both so at-home in coffee shops and, I've been longing for some writing time.

BTW, I'm getting much better (and faster) on the crutches.  I'm so proud of myself!  The swelling in my ankle and foot is very slowly... diminishing and, at the same time, I swear my leg already looks smaller from all the non-use it's getting.  I know.  That's the way it works: first you let the bones heal, then you start getting back what you lost.  According to the doc, only two more weeks 'til I can start physical therapy.  Actually, I had to schedule it for Friday, so almost three.
Barb, Betty Lu Collins, Dee Dee(Denise) at Easter birthday party for Betty Lu (85th)

No comments:

Post a Comment