Sunday, July 11, 2010

Flowers part II




I scattered some pots around in the gardens to add texture and color.





My visions for the gardens were colorful and romantically vague. One of my plans was to make mowing the yard a bit easier for Ken, my intrepid lawn-mower husband, to mow around the southeast corner of the house by clearly defining a garden perimeter for the flowers in the grass there. It's been very hot, and I kept putting it off, but yesterday, I got it done! It was still hot and humid, but it was time. Ken is very skeptical about the grass inside the garden, and established that it wouldn't be weed-whackable. I assured him that I intend to take care of it. I think it'll be fun to play with my ideas around it.


Here are the window boxes sans scraggly pansies and with new purple petunias.

No comments:

Post a Comment