Yesterday was Rellie day. We had some good times and some bad times. I think she was really tired, but, true to form, she fought sleep beyond all reason. Still, after buying some paint at Michael's in The Hub shopping center, I took her to Burger King for lunch, but really so she could play in their big ol' purple play space. She had a ball, especially after about five or six little boys between about 4 and 10 years old, joined her and she organized some little games of turning the spaces into rooms of her house! I had to remind myself that she isn't even three yet. She did sleep for about half an hour soon after that.
In the evening, Sarah had arranged to meet someone to pick up a "Kindle" for Peder that she'd found on Craig's List and she asked me to keep Felix while she drove downtown to do that. (It's so much easier to do things with one kid than with two.) So, on this perfect Summer evening, I had little Felix laying on a blanket on the grass out in the shade in the back yard doing my darnedest to make that little guy smile at me as much as I could. (I did pretty good) During a lull in our conversation, I looked up to catch a little mouse with a mushroom bigger than he was darting across the lawn only to disappear down an apparent mouse hole in my flower garden by the back steps. That was a treat at least as good as those bing cherries I love. To be present at the right time to witness something we city dwellers don't get much time with seems like a little reward from nature for slowing down a little bit. We're so busy arranging everything. It was a lovely day all in all and I slept like a baby last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment