Sunday, November 27, 2011

Step by Step

A leaf landing in the holding pond near Lake Nokomis
Like the ripples in the water when a leaf lands, everything we do effects others in some way.  I like to think that just the fact that I'm enjoying writing this novel so much, that it's good, in some very small way, for the rest of the world.
The writing is going fine and we're nearing the finish line, me and my fellow novel writers.  Just so you know, if this story is ever to be made public, there is still a long and rigorous process of editing to go through.


But, this is also about the porch.  I've been dreading the installation of the steps even as I want this fair weather room finished and done with.  I never envisioned steps in the early days of dreaming of a rain porch, but it turned out that they were a necessary evil due to the necessity for a roof as well.  Now that they're in, it's not so bad.  I think I can live with it.



steps down into the porch from the dining room


I love our pretty prairie doors too.  What's left is to install the ceiling fan and light and to finish the doors and the framing around the doors in the dining room.  We're also waiting for the screen door for the opening out into the backyard.
We needed steps out FROM the porch too.

1 comment: