Hi folks.
I'm letting you know, now that I'm twelve days into this, that I'm writing a novel in the spirit of a lot of writers who participate in this project every year. What NANOWRIMO is, is national novel writing month. It's an erstwhile competition and anybody who writes 50,000 words wins. I intend to win!
Having said that, organizing a novel is crazy hard stuff for me, and in this first draft form, I don't think it would make sense to anybody. (I am hoping that doesn't include me.)
So far, I've written 18,647 words. Apparently, when you send it in for verification they have some way of counting the words without reading all these novels. Otherwise... Oh, Lordy!
Some of you know what it's about, and I'll just say that in "Family Under Construction", Three siblings find themselves estranged from each other as their 89 year old mother lies dying. It appears that the caretaker sister has abused her power of attorney and stolen from their mothers bank account. As the other two siblings band together to make things "fair and accountable" the caretaker sister finds herself out in the cold.
About the porch, we're still waiting to get the french doors installed in the dining room. It's been postponed about three times, and is scheduled once again... for Monday OR Tuesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment