Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Suddenly, it's 2011

We bailed on Ryan for New ear's Eve (like most everybody) because of the sleet and bad road conditions. So, we had a nice quiet shrimp tempura supper in front of the fireplace with a t v movie, after putting the lasagnas together in the afternoon.
When our kids were still in school, I decided to have a "formal" (not very), but the best I could come up with to teach them about expectations in formal social settings... even in our house. I encouraged them to each invite a friend and at some point, Ryan's friend Bill kind of slipped into our hearts and we look forward to his company pretty regularly for N Y day. A few years ago he started bringing his best girl too. Various family friends have come over the years.
So, here are a few pictures from the traditional lasagna lunch on New year's Day.
Ken thought it was, uh, cute that I went out to his herb garden to dig up some parsley that I knew was frozenunder the snow. He requested that I put his photo evidence on the blog.



I wasn't very documentarious about my picture taking, but these scenes caught my attention: the guys chatting in the living room after lunch, Sarah "wearing" sleeping Felix on her back and Rellie (exhausted, but fighting sleep) decided to watch a "strawberry Shortcake" movie on the i-pod in Nana's office chair away from the grown-ups who weren't paying any serious attention to her.





And then at the end, is Ken relaxing for a bit after everybody went home. May your new year and ours be full of great surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment