Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Tree TakeDown



We did it!

My sentimentality and love of the glitz and lights of Christmas often hold me back, but a promise to Rellie held me to my good intentions to move the tree out of the living room. And it was fun. Sarah was part of the deal, and we got to talk about some of the ornaments and why they're part of our tradition. I found this little white bird in the attic when we moved into the house and decided it wanted to stay, so he goes on the tree every year and I hear him singing as he finds his perch and every time he catches my attention. Another tradition is to move the bare tree to the backyard near the bird feeders to shelter other little birds.

After we got the tree out, Sarah and Ken went on some errands and picked up a pizza for supper while Rellie and I played together. Rellie chose to go around taking pictures with my i-pod (still marvel at the tech savvy of this little girl!). She took about a hundred pictures before moving on to other play. I saved a few and one of them was this one of the big Ben alarm clock that reminded me of the old expression, "I'm at sixes and sevens." I think it means frustrated and not knowing what to do.


Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment