Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A little bit about our traditions

Felix and I are starting a new tradition here (This is actually a picture from Thanksgiving I think.); a little chat about serious matters... or not so serious.








Christmas seems to be so much about what I want to see in our home, traditions, family, food and treats. So, here are a few sights I loved this year. I especially liked coming downstairs in the mornings to find that Ken had turned on the tree lights.
Way back when we were in the Air Force, Mary Kay gave Ken and me Christmas balls with our names on them way before we had any children and we just keeep adding them as our family grows. The wooden decoupage Christmas tree image was one of too many we finished one year when we had no money, and now it's Rellie's. The sugar cookies are the only mandatory Christmas cookies, so I made them early this year. Sometimes, they get baked on Christmas eve. This year, there were hardly any left by Christmas day, but they sure made tasty snacks when people came over. I suppose I could manage that a little better next year.
The other tradition is to open presents on Christmas morning and then have brunch. Now, of course, our grown-up and married children often have other places to be later, so I enjoy the heck out of them while they're here.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, there were sugar cookies left on Christmas?!
    You do great job of keeping christmas for us. Thanks Mom.

    ReplyDelete