Thursday, March 3, 2011

I've fallen and...



I got up just fine! It was quick and, ummm, slick. I stepped on one of those little patches of super-smooth ice (great for skating!), my feet went out from under me, my left one first, and I landed smack on my butt. Nothing else hit the ground. (right there in the picture! Well, maybe I take pictures of a few mundane, obscure things). I was carrying my laptop (in its case) and my little purse. I watched my purse do a loop de loop and land in the snow, but didn't notice my laptop still clutched in my arms. Once I landed, I did a little check of body parts. My butt hurt and my dignity a little, but mostly it was just kinda funny. I decided I'm a pretty resilient old lady. It wasn't until I got inside the office I was heading for and dusting off my coat that I realized I'd protected my laptop AND my body from the fall. The mind and body reflexes are complicated, and pretty darn amazing.

1 comment: