Sunday, March 6, 2011

The King's Speech

Ryan and I went to see the movie today. When I mentioned it, Ryan said he and Carrie had seen it but he'd love to see it again.
I loved it! I like the ideas of the responsibility of leadership and how they kept letting us know that one of the problems with having a monarch in the family, means that, if it's your turn, you don't have a choice." Of course even more beautiful was how human this king was and how, with a true friend like Lionel and his own courage and strength, Bertie could overcome the adversity of his stuttering.

I thought I saw this circular statue in the Regents Gardens in the movie when Lionel and Bertie were walking outside, but, now, I don't think so. The trees are the same though!

P. S. It's nearly 4 and our new snowstorm has begun. It's very gentle right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment