Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kitchen

We met with the contractor and the cabinet maker tonight after work.
So, here are some "before" pictures.
Suddenly, we have a new configuration: the cabinet maker looked at things and quickly suggested that we put the dishwasher on the wall between the kitchen and dining room and the refrigerator in the outside corner next to the sink.  We had talked about having the frig there before, but then we thought there was only one place for the dishwasher.
dishwasher would go on the wall behind Ken where you see the microwave.
The refrigerator would go in the right-hand corner.
Picture the (new) stainless steel range centered on this wall
with cabinets and counters around it?
He also wants to put a combination vent and microwave over the "range" (what I usually call a stove) mostly because we can't figure out where to put the microwave.  With the frig gone from that wall, we could have some counter-space on either side of the range.  I'm good with that, but Ken is really afraid this venting/microwave combo will be a compromise he can't live with... not to mention the inferior lighting.







We have a lot to think about ...again.  But, I admit, it's kind of exciting for me just to contemplate a different set-up.  I didn't know I'd be so intrigued by a change like that.  I'd been all resigned to things being the familiar configuration with new appearance, not all beat up, and a little more functional.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a microwave/vent over my "range" for many years and like it a lot. It seems a waste of space for me to have it on a counter.

    I'm so excited that you are getting a new kitchen! I'm sure you will love it.

    By the way, I really like your paintings, Barb!

    ReplyDelete