Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I'm a winner! ...sorta


I entered the Fall writing contest at the Loft at the beginning of September and just got word that I finished in the top 25 out of over 100 entries.  And I get feedback and advice from the judge (below)!
I'm so proud, I just had to share this.  I'll post the actual piece that I wrote tomorrow.

Excerpt from the e-mail I received today:
Kate St. Vincent Vogl has reviewed all of the entries, and yours, unfortunately, was not selected as the contest winner. However, your piece was selected as one of the top twenty-five finalists. Congratulations! Here is what Kate St. Vincent Vogl had to say about your piece:

“This essay was among the top twenty-five provided to the judge. The writer had clearly thought through the details of characterization. The judge particularly enjoyed the notion of October floating in the river, wishing she were the leaves. The judge found, though, that this essay would have benefited from a stronger through-point, and so the judge recommends the writer examine essays by Scott Russell Saunders or Anne Morrow Lindburgh for examples of that. Keep writing!”

1 comment:

  1. Does anybody know what a through-point is? Maybe a stronger theme?

    ReplyDelete