My brother is sending me the money he owes me and I promised him I'd do something ...unfrugal with it. He introduced me to a new way of thinking about "window shopping". He called it window shopping for your life. You just notice what you're thinking when something new comes into your life either in a commercial way or something else. Then you consciously decide if you want to bring it into your life, instead of dismissing it (heading it off at the pass) by answering the frugal question, "Do I need this?" first. Since there is more to (human) life than survival, I might "need" it for something other than survival. The tricky part is defining the something else. It doesn't have to be noble, just human, like for fun.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Window Shopping
My brother is sending me the money he owes me and I promised him I'd do something ...unfrugal with it. He introduced me to a new way of thinking about "window shopping". He called it window shopping for your life. You just notice what you're thinking when something new comes into your life either in a commercial way or something else. Then you consciously decide if you want to bring it into your life, instead of dismissing it (heading it off at the pass) by answering the frugal question, "Do I need this?" first. Since there is more to (human) life than survival, I might "need" it for something other than survival. The tricky part is defining the something else. It doesn't have to be noble, just human, like for fun.
Labels:
Brother Lar,
humanism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment