Sunday, June 17, 2012

Felix says...

On Friday when Felix and I were out on an adventure: him with his "bike" (a tricycle with a handle for Nana to feel more in control) and me thinking we were going the usual route around the block, we came upon a puddle in the alley a block away.  Felix played with driving his bike through the water for awhile, but didn't like that I made him use the peddles instead of his usual walking his bike like a child's scooter as he likes to do.  (In my defense, it was to keep his shoes and socks dry).  So, soon, he got off his bike and did that toddler squat looking down into the water.  Then he asked, "Sky down there?"  At once I got the sense of a toddler's trust in the magic and wonder of the world and a sadness that I couldn't explain what he was seeing... even when I used the word reflection!  Later, he heard an airplane and he said, "Wanna see the plane (in the water))".  So we squatted together to try to see it, but it wasn't crossing the sky in the right place.  Of course, HE just takes it all in stride - either he understands or he doesn't-all the same to him.
Felix - getting so long-legged, watching for "Buddy" (dog across the alley)
      It's such a joy to be a witness to all this magic and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment