First the fish. This is Chinese Brush Art and I can see that it takes a good eye for form and really controlled strokes because you only get one chance at each stroke. At the same time, you can't be afraid of it. My control improved when I figured out to work from right to left, reversing the image in the tutorial I was watching, because I'm left handed. I liked my practice one on WC paper better than the one intended for posting that's on mulberry paper. So, I posted both. Wanna vote?
Felix and I had a great afternoon. He fell asleep on the way over to Nana's. (It's stressful for him to leave Daddy, and he was tired.) He woke up when I took him out of the car seat and we went into the house and out of the house and in and out... playing DOORS. I think that's his current BGE (best game ever). I love to watch him practice and when I name things like "open" and "close", it often makes him giggle, already showing me what he likes best. (He's pretty good at the negative too.)
After supper, Ryan showed up to chat a bit. I am proud of his independence, though he's so involved with his work, we don't see much of him. So, that was a lovely surprise ending to our social day.
I like the top one better.
ReplyDelete