Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rellie Day

We had such a good time today. After I picked Rellie up at preschool, we came to Nana's house and fixed a little "picnic", then headed out for Woodlake nature Center. Rellie also decided she wanted to make her new recipe for a sugar cracker. She gave me instructions and I played sou-chef: paraphrasing- you take a salty (saltine) cracker and you run water over it. Then you put sugar on it and you bake it in the oven. I turned on the oven, then forgot about it until it beeped that it had reached its appointed temperature ( 350). I thought "Uh-oh", but it was alright. We packed it up for the picnic and Rellie pulled it out first thing and ate it. She said it was good.
While I was packing up, Rellie went out to get one of her favorite umbrellas and turned it into a home and slide for one of her ant friends. (I took video, but I can't seem to insert it here, so here's a picture.

It was a great day to be outside and Rellie had never been to the nature center before. she kept trying to figure out exactly what it was on the way. The things she remembers though: telling her mom about it-"There were so many doors!"
While Grampa was making dinner (fettucini Alfredo with broccoli and chicken!) Rellie and I painted a bit and here are some of our results. One is "a big chocolate chip" and the other... I'll let you guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment