Today, I was working on a writing project that I have no idea whether it will be publishable, but I was fascinated with it and spent much of my day on it.
In between I did the things that had to be done today. Sarah needed the papers she'd left at our house, so I delivered them to her at work. It turned out that she didn't get to meet with the group that she was preparing for at the end of the day, but I felt like a hero.
I shopped for groceries because I'd renewed a prescription that I thought I was out of, but there were still three pills in the travel pill box in my purse. The groceries were just a convenience because I was there already.
I got instructions and prepared the papers and sent them off to the investment firm to process closing out my mom's account. I just didn't want to put it off.
Ken asked me to shovel the steps if I got time today. I didn't, and when I got home around 4:30 I saw that he had done it after he came home from work. I wished I'd chosen to do that instead of one of the other things. It wasn't much that he'd asked me to do, but I didn't get around to it. I'm not sorry that I spent so much time writing, just that I didn't spend a little time shoveling.
I guess we never really know what has to be done each day until we look back and see what we regret.
No comments:
Post a Comment