Lately, when things quiet down in the evening, a little mouse(yes, a real one!) often comes out from under the couch, runs around the carpet a bit and notices me, then runs back under the couch. I've set traps with peanut butter enticement, but apparently they don't really like peanut butter or I need a better mouse trap. Sarah and Gail have each generously offered to loan us their beloved cats who both have reputations as excellent mousers. I hope it works out.
In the meantime, today was Aurelia's day and in the afternoon, she had to do a time-out for writing on Nana's pencil box. While sitting on the steps to the upstairs, the designated time-out spot, she discovered a "mousie" stuck in a hole in the carpet on the edge of the bottom step just on the other side of the wall where the couch is. (I'll spare you the picture I took to show Sarah and Ken.) Rellie was very concerned about "Where did the mousie come in?" That may not have been exactly what she wanted to know because no answer I could come up with would satisfy her. I realize now that this hole was chewed in the days before our sound insulation, but hasn't been used since... until this winter. If this mouse had only taken the peanut butter, I think it would have been a more humane death, At least, this way it's not my fault ...technically. But why did he get stuck this time?
And, apparently, today marked Rellie's entry into the phase of endless "Why?"s.
The quote(yesterday) was Harrison Ford's words.
No comments:
Post a Comment