Monday, January 18, 2010

My Son

It's his birthday today! Turn around. Turn around, and he's a young man walking out of the door. So many memories and images in my head of that little boy, the skinny guy coming home on leave from the Coast Guard, but the strongest memory is the afternoon we spent together last Wednesday. He stopped by to help me get my e-mail working again and we ended up spending the afternoon together. We went to lunch at Ikea jabbering away mostly about fixing up the houses: the one he grew up in and the one he and Carrie own now. Sometimes we'd get serious and even sad, but mostly, it was just fun. We walked through the store talking about how Ikea could help us fix up our homes and ended up buying a new pot-rack for the parent home's kitchen and then putting it up before Ken got home. I'd say a good day was had by all.
I used to try to be with my mom for my birthday because it was her birthday too. I got my birthday celebration with Ryan a few days early. I loved the bowling party today (pictured below) but I loved our time with just the two of us even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment