Saturday, January 16, 2010

What's clean enough?

I did some cleaning today, but all I can think as I clean up one room is about how grungy I've let the house become and then how daunting it is to make it a place I'm proud of. I think of being able to start a task without having to shift piles of stuff in order to have a place to work, and of how normal it's become to just accept and ignore those piles, pretending I'll get to them once I've completed the task at hand. Maybe I'm too "Donna Reed" (sometimes known as Ozzie and Harriet). The idea is that on the home-centered family comedies, nothing was ever out of place unless it was necessary to the story. I don't know. I guess everyone has to figure out for themselves, what's "clean enough to be healthy and dirty(messy?) enough to be happy" . I'm pretty sure that I'm not living that concept right now.

1 comment: