Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nothin like a delicious bowl of soup on a rainy winter day

My tough guy fell on the ice this morning. Apparently, our usually reliable paper-woman was intimidated by all the icy walkways and threw the paper from across the street to avoid ours. It landed about six feet away from the steps. So Ken ventured out and found himself on his butt before he got to the paper. I was sleeping in and so he told me about it much later while holding an ice pack on his knee, the part of him that got the worst damage. I felt so bad for him.
What could I do? I made him soup. I wanted to try a simple veggie soup. Smelling it develop and simmer, he perused a cookbook and his palette was primed. About noon, we warmed up a baguette from the freezer and it was a hit! He loved it. There isn't much that will distract him more than a tasty meal. After a lot of ice time(to keep the swelling down on his knee) he decided that movement was helping and he went about his day as usual. Well, close, a little limping and other adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment